Saturday, October 28, 2006

Wedding trouseau

I've done it!! I've bought the wedding trousseau!!

It started out as a casual lunch time jaunt where I took Kavi to Priya Simrans to check out the only decent saree I found over the weekend. A pure silk saree in white and gold that would be suitable to wear for the church wedding.

I thought I had picked up something nice...that it until I saw the look on Kavis face. Of course being so ladylike, there was the tinest little frown between the eyes, and the lips pursed up just a tad bit disapprovingly. Then in a very quiet voice, she told me that I would look like a coat hanger wrapped in silk and how I needed something where my arms and figure could be seen though.

Sounded good to me and I surrendered into her very capable judgement. So we went to this place on Comm St. where I found the most gorgeous sarees and gaghras (yup- I'm going to fulfill the life long desire to wear a gaghra- 2 infact). 3 hours later, I had summoned The Mother, did a full dress rehersal and paid the bill and left...soooo happy.

Saree shopping with Kavi is the best!! Every saree that was draped was analysed for colour- If it makes one glow, fashion - Is it the 'in' colour, detailing- bride like- not gaudy. Pictures were duly taken at every stage for anayisis and final dicision making. Pictures will be put up on this blog shortly.

So- Those of you who thought that I would turn up in a pair of jeans- be rest assured I wont.

1 Comments:

Blogger suzanna said...

aw. dee. u look great. there's no pic of the white and gold one, huh? and ya, kav's the best when it comes to fashion. i remember years ago how i used to make fun of her, but now if she says it - then - that's it.

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home