Friday, December 01, 2006

And the story continues in pictures

Last minute glitches and good laughs:

1. Waited and waited for 45 min for someone to pick me up from the hairdressers. Outside Coffee Day. The Mother eventually turned up at 5:15pm. Casually dressed. Meet the parents happens at 6:30m. She has forgotten about it. Panic attack

2. 6:10: Strut out of my house in my finery, only to realize that we are one driver short. End up driving myself to the venue. At least I got the good car

3. Father Augustino, was the same priest who baptised me when I was 17 days old. So he is a bit ancient. Mike, Bible, ring, kept threating to fall at the ceremony. Was nervously watching his hands through out...

4. Neighbour Barney made plans a week ahead not to bring his car, as he would'nt be able to drive back- as 'there are drinks!' :-)

5. Drove into West end and waved to Kurian (who was welcoming guests), who quicky averted his unbelieving gaze. Priceless.

6. We did'nt have a tray to rest the ring on. We forgot. Ended blessing it ackwardly in K's palm.

7. K's mom caught my, ahem, rather large grandmother, chomping on a chicken drumstick, when she went over to say hi.

8. K was introduced to by sweet, forgetful grandmother for the 500th. time, and she still asked him why he was of such advanced years and unmarried. She did'nt have a clue.

9. Spent most of the evening on one foot, as my shoe heel buckled under pressure.

10. Was told by 5 seperate people on 5 seperate occassions, that we looked like a pair of angles. heehehe...if only.

All in all- I loved every minute of it. And everyone who made it so secial for us. Friends, family... they were the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home